Monday, May 14, 2018

One more month ahhh!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. It was so much fun being able to talk to me family (for the last time on the mission, too)! Elder Sherwood and I are continuing to work hard in Silver City. President is going to put sisters in after we leave, so we need to get everything in order the absolute best we can before we leave. We've been going through the list of potentials investigators (which is pretty much a list of people that have been contacted by the missionaries in the past, but haven't been invited to be taught). We found two new investigators from it so far. One is a guy named David, who was actually referred to us by his girlfriend in prison who has been being taught by the senior missionaries there. When we mentioned that to him at the door, I think that is what had him allow us to come back and teach him. The other guy's name was Keith, who we actually just saw yesterday. He even let us into his house! He's an artist and a good one at that. He showed a few of his painting he's working on and they are so detailed and beautiful; a lot of them inspired by the desert landscape of the Southwest. He took a Book of Mormon from us and was very intrigued by it. He knows a lot about history and he said he could definitely believe that Jews came to America around the time they did in the Book of Mormon.

Shelby should still be getting baptized on the 26th, and I'm pretty excited for that. Like I said before, it will be wonderful to be able to see one last baptism before I go home.

I hope you guys have a good week and I'll see you all very soon.

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment