Monday, April 30, 2018

Last Transfer!!

First off, I never thought I'd ever get to the point where I'd say I'm going into my last transfer; second, I never would have guess I'd end my mission the way I am. Saturday I found out I'm going to be transferred back to Silver City, New Mexico to serve in the 1st and 3rd wards (I was in 2nd and Gila ward the first time I was there). If not's not freaky enough for you, my companion over there is going to be Elder Sherwood, my companion from when I was in the MTC! I get to end my mission in my first area with my first ever companion. I couldn't imagine a better way to do it.

My last week in the area had us doing a ton of finding. We found three new people to teach, and they all came from tracting. The goal was to get someone new on date for baptism, but it didn't quite happen that way. However, I think I mentioned last week that our investigator Chris got back with us and we got to teach him on Thursday night with our ward mission leader. My teaching was a little rusty, as I hadn't had a lesson inside of a home in a while; most of our teach for the month has been outside and not in not so formal of a setting. Nonetheless, it went pretty well, and he said he really wants his family to start coming to church at least a couple of times every month. He's probably the most promising prospect in the area at this moment.

Saturday I did my last exchange as a district leader (as I won't be one in Silver, luckily - lol). I was with Elder Dodson in the Spanish ward - my second time exchanging there. We spent most of the day helping a nonmember move, so there wasn't too much Spanish to be said that day. I can only really introduce my self and say where I'm from and all the stuff a lot of people ask you all the time, anyhow. We did have to go to a correlation meeting with their WML, which was in Spanish and went on for an hour, so I kind of tuned out for a while. I will miss being in this district, as it was very interesting to have the Spanish elders as well as the American Sign Language Sisters in it.

I really love you guys, and I can't wait to tell you all about my next adventures in Silver.

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment