Monday, May 21, 2018

Cowbob Ranchpants

This week has been a lot of fun. We picked up a new family to teach named the Muniz family. The husband Ted was a former who we contacted and he told us to come back; when we came back, his wife was there as well and she listened and participated in the lesson as well. Then their grandson, who lives a few house down, came in and listened to the last half of the discussion! So in all we've been able to find four new investigators this week, which was more than I ever got in my last area.

On Friday, the other elder's joined us to go out and help our Bishop's dad brand his cattle. That's right, I had to help tackle calves and hold them down while Bishop branded/castrated them. I certainly preferred holding down the legs over the head, it was a lot easier. You had to hold them down just right or Bishop and his dad would yell and cuss at you, haha. We only did fourteen, but we were so tired (and then they had us move literally a hundred bales of hay that weighed 120 pounds each). Then this weekend, we have to go over to Bishop's ranch and help him brand his calves and he has 90 he needs to do on Friday and Saturday! I think I'm going to die.

Shelby texted us on Saturday and said she wants to move her baptism to Wednesday, which is now in only two days! So we are also scrambling to get all her baptism stuff figured out. This may be the last baptism I see as a full time missionary; it's a crazy thought.

Just found out I'm speaking on the 25th of June in Huntington. It's so nuts to be in this position. I honestly never thought I'd get this far.

Love you guys and I hope you have a good week

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment