Monday, November 20, 2017

Lakeside Week 1

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m back in the Tucson Rincon Stake. My second area on the mission was part of a “car share” with another ward and now I’m in that other ward. Luckily, this week was our week to have the car. Saturday, however, we did have to be bikes for a good part of the day. It hadn’t ridden on one since April, and we had to go all the way out to the other ward we cover. Did I mention the hills out here are ridiculously huge? We think the hill down the road from Riverview huge, but that’s a pretty regular occurrence down here. Needless to say, I couldn’t feel my legs by the end of the day; it’s going to take some adjusting - once again.
We have some wonderful investigators in this area (if only they’d come to church). We met with a guy named Matt who said Christ was supposed to be the last prophet according to the Bible, I showed him a fun verse in Acts 11 the talks about “prophets coming out of Jerusalem” - one of which was named Agibus. Here as Matt’s response: “Well, you got me on that one.” Aren’t the scriptures great? After that he said he will look more into the Book of Mormon.
I was also blessed to walk into a baptism this Saturday. It was a nine year old girl who’s parents are currently inactive (they did come on Sunday for the confirmation, though). Although it wasn’t what you typically think of being a “convert baptism,” it was still one more person making those sacred covenants with the Lord, which is a wonderful thing to witness.
Yesterday night we had a great experience. It was late at night and we had no appointments (the typical set up for a miracle). Elder Terry decided to try this less active he saw only once. We knocked and he answered and received us joyfully. He was in the middle of hosting his annual “Friendsgiving” party and invited us to join in. I took a seat with a little food when a young man named Zarick sat down next to me and asked me what I want to be when I grow up. This led to a long discussion that ended with - of course - me giving him a Book of Mormon and testifying of its truth. He said he’d take it only if I could promise him it’d change his current beliefs. Whiteout hesitation I said it would change not only that but his life. It’s uncertain if I’ll ever see him again, but I’m satisfied with the great things he allowed me to share with him that evening. It was a good ending to the week.
Love you guys and hope you have a great holiday. It’s a good time to reflect on the many great things the Lord has given us and the opportunities He may have put in our paths this year. I know for one, that I’ve seen hundreds thus far on my mission, and I know there are so many to come for the remainder of it and the many years to come after.
Elder Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment