Monday, November 6, 2017

It was a little bit of a slow week. The Bonilla family was a cruise, so we couldn't teach them and they didn't make it to church! We got straight zeros on our key indicators (the numbers we report to our leaders: people on date for baptism, people at church, and new investigators). That's okay though, it doesn't happen very often (this was perhaps only the second or third time on my mission it's happened and the first time in this area), and it won't happen this week!
On Halloween, we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Tucson Temple for a session, since we couldn't really proselyte that evening. It's the first time I've been since its dedication; it was a long overdue visit and it was so recharging to be in that sacred place. I truly do feel renewed after that visit.
Saturday I was on exchanges with our district leader's trainee in his ward. It took back to when I was in Central Ward (because this ward was also in the hood). The people there are so receptive; it's like night and day compared to the area I'm in now, with all of its big houses and not an apartment complex in sight!
I am excited for this week though, because we get to go on a teaching visit with one of our bishops to go teach a man named Frank. His daughter is already baptized, and his wife wants to be baptized but only if he commits to do it as well. He just finished studying the Bible with the Jehovah's Witnesses and now he's curious as to how the Book of Mormon fits in with the Bible and he has a lot of question about our understanding of the Bible (the the Jehovahs understand it a little differently than we do).
I love and miss you guys! I hope you all have a good week!
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment