Monday, October 17, 2016

Silver City Week 17

Hello everyone,

Sorry I'm so lazy on P day and hardly get to writing these. Silver has been treating me well and Elder Andersen and I had a pretty good week. We're teaching someone fairly new names Shalako Bradberry who's husband is a recently re activated member. She is very much ready for baptism and has been going to church for a while now. In our last lesson with her, we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ; she shared with us that she feels she's definitely in the repentance process right now and has started to make lifestyle changes by her own accord. Her coffee pot broke the other day and she has made a resolve not to replace it (we haven't even taught the Word of Wisdom, yet). It's too bad I might not be able to see her baptism, since it will be in December so her husband can baptize her, but I'm excited for them, nonetheless.

On Sunday, we had five investigators come to church, which is one of the best weeks I've had so far. We even had someone in Gila Ward come, and it's hard to find new people there. Luckily, a new couple moved there and haven't had their door knocked on like everyone else there. The husband came and he got a warm welcome from the Ward, since they haven't seen a new face in a while. They say their not "joiners" and aren't considering joining a church, but as long as I'm here, I'm going to do what I can to change that.

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment