Monday, October 10, 2016

Silver City Week 15

Hello everyone,

Hope you all had good General and stake Conferences this past few
weeks. I especially enjoyed Elder Yamashita's talk about being
"ambitious for Christ." Those of you from Huntington might rememberhim talking to us at the Palmyra Visitors Center when we went therefor youth conference a few years ago.

Elder Andersen and I are now teaching a couple we helped moved up in Gila Ward (the other unit we cover). When we introduced the Book of Mormon to them they were so fascinated it all. They thought it was amazing how Christ came to the Americas and how Jospeh Smith receive his call to be the prophet to translate it. I give away plenty of Book of Mormons, but rarely do you come across someone who actually WANTS you to give it away. It's moments like these where I'd like to be the people I'm teaching and be able the restored gospel for the first time - just to know what I'd be like. I just hope their great curiosity grows into something they will act on.

Elder Miller

1 comment:

  1. "It's moments like these where I'd like to be the people I'm teaching and be able (to receive) the restored gospel for the first time - just to know what I'd be like. I just hope their great curiosity grows into something they will act on."
    Elder Miller, it's comments like these that remind me why I love you so much. Exercise your empathy! You CAN feel what they're feeling. Pray on it. It's so good to hear that you're doing well and having a good time! You're looking great, man! I look forward to seeing you after your mission in some future time. Keep on keepin' on, Elder. --Colt Bowers

    ReplyDelete