Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23, 2016

Things are still going great in Provo. I can't believe my stay at the MTC is almost over; this coming Monday I'll be hopping on a plane and heading into the field! The campus has been ridiculously crowded lately. Yesterday over 700 new missionaries arrived (some of whom my district and I had the oppertunity to host), including sixteen new to our zone. Plus from Wednesday up until Sunday, over 180 new mission presidents are meeting for seminars with general authorities! Later todaymy district will be taught by one of these new mission presidents; I'm yet to bump into a general authority, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do. 
We got new TRC investigators this week, meaning we no longer teach Braulio and Ny - sadly. I don't know what ever became of Ny; I assume she is continuing to take lesson. Braulio we see ever now and then luckily since he works in the cafeteria here; last time we saw him he said he's having a baptismal interview with his bishop on Sunday! This week we are teaching two young men named Dylan and Samson. Dylan we're having a hard time getting through to; he's very vague in his answers to our question, so it's hard to discern and teach to his needs. Samson is a huge Samoan police officer and used to be a ranger in the military; he seems to have this emotional wall over him and it's also difficult to decided what to teach him as well. Plus we only get 25 minutes with both of them for each appointment, so that makes it exceptionally hard to teach them. Our time with them is almost to an end now, but I hope we can increase their faith in our Savior one way or an other before we have to leave.
I have a few more pictures to share this week. Again, I'm on a computer that I cant' send them on, so I'll try to get that done later today.
Have a good week, I love you all,
-Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment