Monday, March 6, 2017

Southeast Tucson Week 11

I'm so excited to start a new transfer with Elder Plaizier. He'll be the first companion I've had longer than one transfer since Elder Coyne - my trainer (training is always 12 weeks). I feel like we'll have a better six weeks than the last six. We have a clear vision of what we want to accomplish with the people we're teaching now, and we're excited to put our goals in to action. I will be saying good by to some good friends in the district as well - namely my district leader Elder Cox (the only person in Tucson who like Seinfeld as much as I do). 



We had a great lesson with our new investigation Micheal Tebo and his family Saturday night. Elder Plaizier had the opportunity to teach and recite the first vision, and he taught how we're supposed to pray. It's great to see not only investigators learning, but my companion as well. Our new ward mission leader was there as well to share his testimony of the Book of Mormon and how we get one. He shared a story from the life of Christ that goes perfectly with the subject: After the Resurrection of the Savior - in Luke 24 - Christ walks and talks to two people on the road to Emmaus about the things that had just happened to him. Christ told them about the prophets from the time of Moses and how they prophesied that such things were going to pass. He sat and with them and broke bread with them, and once they realized who he was, he vanished from their sight. One man said to the other "Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?" Those people talked face to face with the Savior, but their knowledge of the divinity of the Him only came through that witness or burning from within that comes from His Holy Spirit. What a marvelous blessing that the Lord has given us a way to know these things with a surety. It's only through the prayer of faith and true intent that we can have the witness, but I testify of it's reality. 

I love all of you and I hope you have an other good week,
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment