Monday, February 6, 2017

Southeast Tucson Week 7

This week has been a little harder than most. We've had a few more appointments fall through than usual and have had a couple of investigators who have decided to stop meeting with us, unfortunately. I ask for the prayers of all of you to help Elder Plaizier and I as we are stuck in a bit of a rut with no clear way out. Pray that we may be fruitful in our finding efforts this week.
Now don't think that's it's been all gloom and doom over here - we all have our ups and downs. I don't know if I've already mentioned this in my letters or not, but the dates for the Tucson Temple open house have been announced! It will be from June 3-24 of this year, and the dedication will be on August 13 with a cultural celebration the day before. I don't know what the missionaries role in all of this will be; we probably won't know until it's about that time. It is still very exciting to be serving the people of Arizona at such a special time. We've been encouraging all of the members in our wards to start thinking now of people to bring to the open house; this will truly be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for so many people; to be a missionary during all of this is a marvelous blessing for me. An other thing I don't think I've mentioned is that the there is also going to be a new mission president coming in this year; the Passeys will be going home this June or July and the Brownings will be "taking over." Lots of big changes taking place this year.
Yesterday, we went to mission prep class like we do every Sunday morning, however, the regular teacher wasn't there; which meant that my companion and I were called on to teach the Great Apostasy on the spot. And by my companion and I - I mean just me. It came completely unexpected, and i just got up and rambled on for about 40 minutes while Elder Plaizier just kind of stood there, looking like a deer in the headlights. Eventually Brother Neilson in our ward told him to sit down, and at that point I felt like a complete windbag. The lesson is, teaching in unity is important; otherwise, it just looks weird.
Hope you all have a good week; I love you and miss you all,

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment