Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy New Year!

I know the New Year has been a few days already, but I was never able to get an email out last week. I dropped my iPad on the sidewalk just before Christmas, so I need a library computer now. Anyway, today marks nineteen months I've been out on the mission (but like I've said before, who's counting?). I really enjoy being a district leader and being able to serve other missionaries in this capacity; I just hope I'm not screwing things up too bad.

This past week was very good. On Tuesday we went back to see Afa, who accepted a baptismal date for February 3rd! I don't know if I've mentioned her before, but I'll say she is certainly someone who has been prepared to received the gospel. She's Russian and from a Muslim family, but she wants to turn away from that and follow Christ, and she even asked us how it is she'd go about doing that. It's people just like that the we as missionaries are sent out to find and it's always such a joyous occasion when we do.

We had two investigator lesson lined up later that day, and we even had our stake president come and give us a ride for both, but guess what - they both fell through! We talked to a few people in the streets when President Thies thought it'd be good to see an inactive family he knew - the Alstons. I never met them till then, but it turns out they have quadruplets who are three! I've never seen that before. They let us in and were super welcoming; the dad even acknowledged they weren't coming to church but ought to be. President Thies afterwards said that it was probably a significant to have with them.

Aside from Afa, we have mostly been working with the less and inactive in our wards (since so many of our investigators are flaking out on us lately), but it's alright - whatever keeps us busy.

I'm pretty excited for this New Year; it's always as good a time as any to make resolutions to leave the old things behind and move on to better things. My district decided to start things strong by making a goal to talk to a combined one thousand people this month! I don't know if we're going to get all of them, but you'd better believe just trying is going to have some great results!

Hope you all enjoy your week and are having a great start to the new year!

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment