Monday, August 7, 2017

Going on 14 Months!

Hard to believe I'm over half way through this transfer (and going on 14 months tomorrow). Time certainly does fly when you're having fun. It saddens me to say we did not repeat the success of last week by finding seven more investigators, but the seven we already have are doing great. We read through the Book of Mormon with them and extended the baptismal invitation, but they said they'll want to learn more before committing to anything. They're continuing to come to church, so it's good to know we haven't scared them off just yet. I'm sure as they all continue to have the positive experiences they've been having, that desire to follow Christ will grow in them.
In other news, we had our first personal interviews with President Browning on Thursday (no I'm not in trouble, everyone got one). President Browning is certainly every bit as loving and inspired as President Passey was. There's over a hundred of us missionaries, but in the moment I was being interviewed, he cared for me and wanted to know all about me. It always feels good when you know the people in charge are really mindful of you. It's a wonder how when calls someone to direct His work, they immediately totally look like they know what they're doing.
On the first we got to celebrate Swiss Nation Day (as does everyone) with the Psotas - a family in Ranco Vistoso who moved in America from Switzerland about a year ago. They had us for dinner, and it was certainly one of the more fun dinners I've had on the mission. We had this special type of sausage I can't quite remember the name of, but it was kind of a one time deal to have it since Swiss meats can't be exported to the US.
The Cultural Celebration and dedication for the Tucson Temple is finally happening this weekend! It's been really fun seeing the angel Moroni going up, going to the Open House, and now getting to witness the dedication of this beautiful house of the Lord. Especially after getting to do the same with the temple of my home state just before. I feel very much blessed for this opportunity to serve in Tucson at this time.
I hope you all have a good day/week,
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment